Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blade and Rose Guild Forum Index -> Build Library
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarak Layghlin
Guild Leader

re: HA Builds

With HA bonus weekend coming up, anybody have a build they like?

Team builds?

Or in case if we have to pug it, what are popular and viable builds that will get us into teams?

There's always PvX but I prefer to hear out what people in alliance has to recommend.

What's Mathway? I've seen it adversited but I can't find it on PvX

Forum Image

Forum Image

this is "mathway"

12+1+3 fire 12+1 e storage.

5 or so of these eles and an assacaster sin with signet of judgement, iron palm, some other stuff and 2 heroes- a mes and a monk, they provide the healing and support. the idea is to kill things before they can kill you.
----

i enjoy a nice ol' Bspike

Forum Image

Forum Image

7 or 8 necros running:
12+1+3 blood magic
12 soul reaping
3 shadow arts

if only 7 necros, 1 woh monk to provide the occasional heal.
requires vent! and a good pvp caller.

Sarak Layghlin
Guild Leader

I enjoyed running assacaster for Mathway. Of course I had my share of ragequitters and other lovely stuff like those but I managed to find a group of people who were good at just having fun and we managed to get some fame too so I can't complain.

Finally got rank 1 in Hero title too but can't wear it until R3. I'm 50 pts short of R2 and I don't want to even think about 3rd tier yet.

i made about 110 fame on saturday.. and then 14 on sunday... that was lame.

bandage dispenser
BaRite

I got ~350 this weekend, but I didn't play nearly as much as I wanted to. Maybe I should start playing during the week too haha.

Hint: Don't run Mathway. Even though it may be quick to form and enter in, and you may even win once or twice, you will never get any reasonable amount of fame with it. In the long run, if you use a real build, you will not only get more fame over time, you will also become a better player. And if you are a better player, you will get more fame faster. Its like exponential growth.
If you really have to, make your own groups and just kick and replace everyone that is bad until you get a decent team. You can get r0 teams that play like r6 doing that.
Or just say you are r6 and make a team. (I wouldn't try higher than a 6, unless you are really good. We know, trust me)
Rynn
Unknown

yea... sunday was mostly mathway.. sat was a mix, but the most annoying part was forming a "r4+" ele ball team that took an hour to form, took over 4 mins to beat zaishen and didnt get a kill in UW. I used the "" b/c thats what was advertised and there was probably only 3ppl with r4+, and several people could not follow the simple commands on vent, and the caller wasnt exactly very good....i dont know how many times he called for a spike on the monks right when they put PS up...
"why arent we killing them?"
"maybe because we're doing 50 dmg rather than 108..."

the most success i had on saturday was when i got forced into monking.. (what!?) Though that was only PnH... half monk, half necro.. and the other 2 monks were both FoXies.. majority of the matches took around 10-13 mins, but we had like 4 wins in a row, iirc.

Lizzie (nova)
Unknown

re: ha

i love ha...but only haf 128 fame...dying to get to rank 3 so at least can get on decent teams...plz haf pity on me....take me wif u next time...
Yridia Elfins
NOVA

Well here's my suggestion for HA teambuild (though I'm not very experienced with 111 fame ):

Two warriors
- one shockaxe
- one W/Rt with either sword or hammer and sight beyond sight + hard res (I don't have builds for these as I don't play warrior)

Two eles
- E/P: make haste on interrupter at start area to interrupt wards, Fire 14, E-storage 12
Code: Select all
OgljowMrpN9iiIxgsej/w4CBAA

- E/Rt: spike assist on warrior's target with mindshock/shellshock, Air 14, E-storage 13
OghjgwMc4QiDLgcDlDeDIDhDJXA

Two monks
- Mo/Me: Healing 14
OwUUMmG/SYSaENgkECETf1EBEmAA

- Mo/Me: Prot 14, DF 12
OwUTMsHDXamQLaMSg4u6BsmwEAA

Necro OR support monk
- N/E: Curses 14, SR 9
OAZDY4xpSSVsBHCMi7OtCxCCAA

- Mo/N: DF 14
OwQScYIPKkv3FpLKzaE7OBA

Mes OR interrupt ranger
- Me/Rt: FC 10, Dom 14, Inspiration 10
OQhkAkC8QGOTHMDkD8AzAXgC4iB

- R/Mo: Marksmanship 14, Expertise 12
OgMTcXsl5xX/YsM46ZzJ5XLAAA

Sorry if it looks a bit chaotic and I'm aware it may be a bit on the defensive side.

Goodluck this weekend .

*Our servers coughed. Please try again spoon.*
Erring Ryft
Unknown

Elfins wrote:
Well here's my suggestion for HA teambuild (though I'm not very experienced with 111 fame ):

Two warriors
- one shockaxe
- one W/Rt with either sword or hammer and sight beyond sight + hard res (I don't have builds for these as I don't play warrior)

Two eles
- E/P: make haste on interrupter at start area to interrupt wards, Fire 14, E-storage 12
Make Haste Ele
- E/Rt: spike assist on warrior's target with mindshock/shellshock, Air 14, E-storage 13
Mind Shock Ele
Two monks
- Mo/Me: Healing 14
Healer
- Mo/Me: Prot 14, DF 12
Prot Monk
Necro OR support monk
- N/E: Curses 14, SR 9
Curses Necro
- Mo/N: DF 14
Support Monk
Mes OR interrupt ranger
- Me/Rt: FC 10, Dom 14, Inspiration 10
Mesmer
- R/Mo: Marksmanship 14, Expertise 12
Interrupt Ranger

Sorry if it looks a bit chaotic and I'm aware it may be a bit on the defensive side.

Goodluck this weekend .

Fixed it for ya wink

Although I am curious as to why no  on the Ranger or  in general..do these not work in HA?

> , in HA afaik.

/fixed

And woo-hoo for this code stuff... (My first time using it?).

Last edited by Rinoa Hawkeye on 2009/05/14 22:16; edited 2 times in total

got killed in the update and the LS monk does not need .
The fire ele WILL have energy problems if they are ever using Rodgorts. There are too many interrupts in tombs so the  most often will not be enough. Drop  for , it doesn't hurt the pressuring ability at all and helps the spiking power tremendously.

is much better than  on the air ele.  or  would also serve a much better purpose than .

The Mesmer build should have  over . Guilt is not reliable nor effective and the Mesmer should have plenty of energy to handle Shatter.

If you run with a PnH, you lose the only snare on relic and cap point maps. The ranger build should be /E and take care of it unless you run  on a warrior, which you shouldn't.

As for shock axe, its been around forever and is still awesome:

Erring Ryft wrote:
Although I am curious as to why no  on the Ranger or  in general..do these not work in HA?

is useful on rangers when they are going to be splitting, fighting on their own. This doesn't usually happen in tombs, so it ends up as a wasted skill.

is always better than , always has been.
Anthony
Guild Officer

/is highly amused by Milak's post.

Shock axe ftw.

and yes. SB > PS

In some HM PvE...throw PS on some heroes. You'll be surprised how well 2-ish PS's can do a lot to lower the ridiculous damage from enemies.

In PvP, PS is nice and all but... I'm sorry. No single enemy will cause 400 damage in a single hit, consistently, if ever.

And as far as Aegis goes... I would use it, were it a different skill. QQ about what Aegis used to be, .

Things is, if you're playing for fame and you're not that experienced and/or organized you'll get a lot more from farming the first 3 maps with some retarded build like mathway or bloodspike.
Playing a semi-balanced build like the one you posted is excellent if you're committed to practicing and really wants to become a better player, but you can't expect to get many wins with it when you're starting out.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: