Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blade and Rose Guild Forum Index -> Build Library
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holy Hottie
nbajammer
BaRite

re: Norn Tournament Build

I've found this build to be rather effective regardless of your primary - even Warriors and Paragons with 2 pips of energy regen can use this well.

What you'll need:

A Staff with +15energy and E+5^50 (The Mindclouder is a good one to use)
Radiant Insignias ideally
The above skill bar

How to use:

When you spawn, examine your opponent. If it's a meleer, you're going to begin with Shadowsong. If it's a caster, you'll use Dissonance. Walk inside the arena and begin dropping spirits, beginning with Shadowsong or Dissonance. This will blind or interrupt your opponent and negate most damage.

Then drop spirits in this order: Vampirism, Pain, Bloodsong. Then cast Painful Bond on the opponent. This should be enough to kill most opponents without much hassle.

For Magni, you want to alter your strategy a little. Walk onto the doorway but not all the way in (you'll know you're all the way in when he uses Bear Form and charges at you). Drop Pain, Bloodsong, and Vampirism first. Then Dissonance. Then Shadowsong last. Now walk in to draw him out, and back up - NOT ALL THE WAY. Keep him at your spirits' aggro range, but don't let him past you or he'll kill them. As long as you keep him there, Shadowsong will repeatedly blind him even though he uses Purge Signet. If we're lucky, Dissonance will interrupt Purge Signet. Now he's virtually harmless, whack him to death to win the Tournament.

If you are a Ritualist primary:

Same as above, but max out Channeling and Communing. This build sets them to 12 each, but if you have Minor runes or higher, use them to raise the attributes higher still. Strategy is the same.

If you are a Warrior or Paragon:

You've got 2 pips of energy regen, so use MwV to increase your max pool to help make the above strategy work.

Fraternal Hero

Ritualist are the best "Norn Farmers' I heard. All my char's always make their secondary Rit and i get spirits to get Xandra + Khamu.

Have yet to fail really..

I used the following:

(Sometimes I have changed up the spirits just to play... or if im bored really there is not bad build with alot of the spirits, and although Razah is also a spirit spammer in the Norn Tournament, as long as you stay with your spirits and stay back, you are still good to win)

Happy

Blara / Saelhith Tree of Life Member (LoTRO)
Dawg Gone It
Guild Officer

nbajammer, Thank you very much for this build! I have been trying to defeat Magni for ages without success. With your build I took him down on the first try.

CURIOUSITY killed the cat... That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Sarak Layghlin
Guild Leader

I'm not criticizing anybody for using the secondary Rit trick to do Mahni, not at all.

Just that it's a personal preference that I stick with primary professions and use those to win the tournament. I've managed to do it on my ranger. Mixed success with my necromancer although I have yet to defeat Mahni himself.

I did a mix of Spirits and Ursan on my warrior to do it. But I only dropped a spirit or two then ran in as an ursan.

On my dervish however, I ran something completely different.

[Template Code:OgKkgRp7KzWE0Vp4l4uI4G71M56F]

Random, eh? Works like a charm too. Nice self healing, anti melee, protection, pressure damage, and spike damage (assassin).

Ear Bite provides degen (even through blocking), Poison Tip is a free degen as well. With either one active, the Assassin will give a KD. and Ebon Dust Aura will activate with Victorious Sweep to blind an opponent when you need it.

For my ranger I used:

There few other builds but this worked the best for me. There were few heart-thumping moments although Happy

I could never do it, hence why now I use rit :S I have never been able to grasp any of the "how to solo" anything... so when I desperatly wanted to learn how to get Xandra (i LOVE ritualists) a friend told me about the Rit "farming" method so to speak..

I at first was trying it very unsuccessfully as a 55 monk (which I cannot seem to get a handle on anyway )

So If your good at your professiona nd the solo things, then im sure your just fine :P but I needed serious game help so ya thats why i used the Rit secondary and rit main for the spirit spammer type of deal ^.^

Blara / Saelhith Tree of Life Member (LoTRO)
Sarak Layghlin
Guild Leader

No worries - to each their own, I always say

i like to use 55 necro. almost never lose.. with more quick victories of under a minute than over and losses. Magni is not a problem at all.
Razah can be annoying with his spirits.. the mesmers are like someone poking you.. annoying but go down easy if you know what you're doing
Mhenlo also 55's so you will prob need a life steal to beat him.. vamp gaze pwnage. Zetuka traps so he doesnt ever really target you, making SV, the elite i use sorta pointless, but its still a hex and you can necrosis him to hell and back. just dont get hit by the traps..
Melonni with her ava form takes awhile, its best just to soak up the damage at the start and annihilate her as soon as the form wears off.

Sarak Layghlin
Guild Leader

On my monk I defeated Magni using this and 55 monk armor set up:

Blood Magic 12
Healing Prayers 5+3
Smiting Prayers 2+1+3
Protection Prayers 9+3
Divine Favor 8+3

Radiant on all pieces

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: