Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blade and Rose Guild Forum Index -> Build Library
View previous topic :: View next topic  
One caveat I should have mentioned right away, this is definitely for NM PvE, as anything that doesn't use AI will very quickly shred you, no matter what health you have...you Spellsword wannabe, you...:wink:

Also,
Erring Ryft
Unknown

re: Spellsword Wannabe

Okay, so I decided to capitalize on the Prismatic Insignia with Master of Magic idea and that nagging notion I've always had that an IDS just looks spiffy on an Ele...anywho:

Aramis

I know, I know "An Elementalist with an Icy Dragon Sword? You worthless Spellsword wannabe, you!" But here's the kicker: it's best used with Heroes/Henchmen, since you've got three enchants to keep up (and your heroes won't flame you). "And why do we have three enchants, you Conjure Frost using weirdo???!!"

One word: Symbiosis.
Bring a ranger hero with you (I'm not very far into Nightfall and don't own EotN, so I bring Jin, who doesn't have runes yet), and have her setup like so:

[build name="Jin" prof=Ranger/Monk desc= BeastMastery=12 Expertise=10 WildernessSurvival=8 ]

Factions
Teinai's Heat
Spell. Create Teinai's Heat at target foe's location. For 5 seconds, foes near this location are struck for 10..34..42 fire damage each second. When Teinai's Heat ends, foes in the area of effect are set on fire for 3 seconds. (Attrib: Fire Magic)
 is a skill I just like to use on hard-to-scratch places, but it's totally switchable, and  probably should be switched for  if you still feel a bit squishy.  does a fairly good job of keeping  active, but is a real drain on energy. Other than that, MoM can usually keep up with costs, but you may find yourself swinging your sword without spells for a bit if you really lay on Flame Burst's throttle. (I really haven't used Kinetic Armor much, since AoR with Inferno and Flameburst seems to keep health pretty steady, thus far).

Shieldwise, the Adamantine Shield from Haibir at the Barbarous Shore is a good choice (haven't gotten there yet, though, so I can't confirm) since it gives +45 health and -2 damage while enchanted, and you should always be enchanted. The good part about having 3-4 enchants up at all times is that it's much harder to strip MoM away.

Thoughts?