Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blade and Rose Guild Forum Index -> Build Library
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archangel Seyonne
Unknown

re: any good monk builds?

I'm just a kinda nooby monk, looking for a good build, a nice 55 monk build will do, as will any other good healing monk builds, or protection monk builds. I'm open for anything as long as it's good gonna go skill hunting if I need to, just would be nice to know what to look for.
Rynn
Unknown

i noticed you left the word smiting out of that mini paragraph. So i should not post here.

Seek out the ones they call Tony and Milak...

..though i could provide builds for the one with very few monk skills.. i only have about 2 dozen total.

Archangel Seyonne
Unknown

thanks anyways, smiting isn't really my thing, I enjoy keeping things alive more Happy
Sarak Layghlin
Guild Leader

Cerberus is also an excellent monk - he might be able to help.

That's a really huge thing for me. I have hundreds of templates and too much experience to just write a few tips. Hit me up ingame and we'll have a little conversation and I'll throw you some stuff you could use. ^.^

...Otherwise it'll take me a few hours of writing and another hour of setting up builds and images and whatnot...

i have decent builds..
i'm just not the support type, clearly.

if you can take a hero, or have someone else in the party..

orison of healing (or some other basic heal)
patient spirit
dwayna's kiss
divine healing (or something else.. i like the group healness for cheap)
cure hex
dismiss condition
Healers Boon (or Unyielding Aura if you lack HB)
arcane mimicry (still the other monks UA or HB)

12 healing +1 +#
12 divine +1 or #
3 prot

with HB and UA stacked, you will heal for around 104% more with spells at half the casting time. UA provides the res, and you can res 2 ppl instantly in about 1 second (maintain it, remove, cast it, remove)
it is better to borrow UA as it is a maintain and you can keep it up after mimicry reverts back, and with a 20 duration and 60 recharge, HB be down awhile if thats what you borrow.

i like to cast patient spirit and then dwaynas on someone, they get a like 350-400 pt heal..
use dismiss and cure hex as you need them and if you know that the area you're going to lacks hexes, conditions, or both, they can be swapped out.. perhaps ethereal light.
selfless spirit (a pve skill) is helpful with energy management for prolonged battles.

with these atts and HB and UA on ya, orison does about 180 in healing.. including divine favor bonus of 42. patient spirit is in the mid 200s
a dismiss condition on someone with an enchant removes the condition and heals for 84.

55ing
mending or feel no pain(pve, norn) (fnp cant be stripped, has no cast time, and no energy degen, you just need to remember cast it more)
protective spirit
balthazaar's spirit
--essence bond (can replace balthazaars or be used with)
Shield of Judgment or Spiteful Spirit are decent elites (im old school)
healing breeze i suppose.

../me , bring degen and cry of pain(pve, sunspear)
../nec , bring degen or mark of pain or insidous parasite, and necrosis(pve, sunspear) if you have one.

radiation field(pve, asuran) also a fine pve skill.. big aoe degen.

snow storm(pve, deldrimor) causes scatter and does little dmg in HM ..do not use

in areas with a lot of foes that attack fast and possibly have interrupt attacks .. mind bender(pve, asuran) or guardian.

---
basic bonder---

Life bond
life barrier
mending
balthazaar's spirit (cast on self)
blessed signet
a res spell
a low cost heal for yourself

12+1+3 or # prot prayers
9-11 divine
rest healing (if you have a healing prayers heal for self -- healing touch?)

other skills:
mind bender to cast them bonds faster (helps if they are stripped in battle)
maybe some other e managment tool.. glyph of lesser energy or power drain. err well, this shouldnt be needed.
signet of devotion ..an energyless heal.
shielding hands or shield of absorption.. reduce that dmg even more!
great dwarf weapon or great dwarf armor for some extra support.

Holy Hottie
nbajammer
BaRite

feel free to adjust attributes accordingly, but you want Healing and Divine Favor maxed, rest in Prot. Bring a battery necro, or substitute Glyph of Lesser Energy in, if desired. I don't use GoLE with this build, so I didnt include it. I watch my energy instead.

General Purpose HB Monk. Make sure to keep Healer's Boon up at all times for maximum effect. Again, maximize points in Healing and Divine.

Zealous Benediction Protter. Max Prot and Divine, rest in healing (for Cure Hex).

Anthony
Guild Officer

In the first generic WoH build. I would replace one of the high energy skills with Glyph of Lesser Energy. Personally I'd drop Heal Breeze, but without HB, Heal Party is kinda underpowered.

In the second build, basic HB healer, I never see the need for 4 straight heals. I'd personally do 3 at most and use the 4th slot for a seed of life type skill, or heal seed. I prefer to run Patient Spirit and Orison of healing, with Signet of Rejuvenation (0 cost heals are amazing). With a little forethought, Patient spirit is hella strong and both spell heals can be self targeted. Save GoLE for Heal Party.

A ZB protter is nice for learning the basics of Protting. However, with ZB and Prot Spirit, I'd run GoLE again. Best case, you run really low, then cast ZB twice and get paid back 14e for it. Plus in that particular build shown, you're running almost ALL high energy strain skills. RoF may be a 5e skill but it's low recharge often lulls one into spamming it. ZB, Prot Spirit, Spirit Bond, and Aegis are all 10e skills. Doesn't take much to run you dry. For that matter, Prot Spirit and Spirit Bond are hellaciously rough on energy for use without any kind of energy management. I've seen some builds in HM dedicated to spamming Spirit Bond, through GoLE, Selfless Spirit, and Divine Spirit. Also, a cheap enchant to help Dismiss Condition heal is always nice. Guardian/Shield of Absorption for example. I tend to prefer Guardian as blocking half of incoming attacks feels preferable to dropping a few pts off of every attack. Though in several situations that can be preferable. Guardian also has a better recharge.

Though there's arguments to be made for battery heroes and all, you can't always rely on everything else for energy. There are many ways to keep energy up that aren't as self taxing as "watching your own energy" I mean being able to drop a GoLE and use two major skills back to back can mean a lot of heal/prot power brought to bear quickly. Or things like Selfless Spirit and quick casts and recharges.

HBoon

Healer's Boon breaks PvE.
When you run an HBoon build, the other monk (if there is one, its not always necessary) should be running a protection build. It is more efficient in every way. It is inefficient to take protection spells on an HBoon build. Generally on any HBoon build you should have 2 general purpose heals (so recharge isn't a problem), one big spike saver (fast cast, big heal), a party heal (your best friend), condition and hex removal (I see a lot of people ignoring these completely in every build, yet they are so useful in pretty much every instance), and a form of energy management.

or 
WoH

Pretty standard. Works well with everything, everywhere. Combine with the below build and PvE becomes even more of a joke.

LS

Ignore the fact that Life Sheath's description is wrong.
It has always been my belief that keeping red bars from going down in the first place is better than making red bars go up. It is much harder to do effectively than straight healing, and if you can't do it effectively you are better off healing. Probably why so many monks don't believe in protection, even though it makes everything in the game a breeze if done properly. Protection builds vary widely depending on what you are facing and the needs of your team.

Resurrection spells are bad. Always.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blade and Rose Guild Forum Index -> Build Library All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: