Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blade and Rose Guild Forum Index -> Party Formation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurora of HL
HL

re: HA

hey all, just wondering if the Alliance leader from BAR might be interested in setting up some HA groups? I am only R2, and no one in HA wants a R2 noob. If you guys are ever going to HA, please count me in. I am sure there are many similar minded people in the alliance.

Aurora aka Adrian
Sarak Layghlin
Guild Leader

I'll try but I'm not a big PvP expert. I mean I only have 101 fame

I did bring this up before the event hoping to generate some interest. Pretty much whenever there's a bonus weekend for HA or TA I'm definitely interested.

But it'd be fun to get something going in between to practice pvp skills and such.

after discussing thi in AC last night I would like to attempt this as well.

these are the rules we have as standard for HAND PVP.

maybe they might serve as a guide for the alliance.

AS I have elborated in another post....I do not wish HAND to devolve due to bad PVP experiences.

here is a set of rules that may be added to or deleted at my discretion.

I reserve the right to cancel this project if its getting too stressful for us.

I beg of you to talk to me if its getting tough or abusive....I am always there for you guys. send me a mail on here. "We NEVER fight alone"...( Some chick ....somewherë)

1) NO abuse of any kind to any member regarding PVP events.
2) If anything needs to be said regarding someones attitude then it MUST go through the GL or the highest named officer online at that time first.
3) Keep all comments postive.
4) If you feel like shouting something...please stop for 5 secs and breathe.
5) MUST sign up to forums and participate in this forum.
6) must USE VENTRILLO with voice. If you have a hearing problem let me know we can organise something else.
7) if you can possibly help it dont have a mic that is activated by sound....nothing is worse that in the middle of a game hearing someone screaming cos they died...sal is an old man and his heart may not take it!
8) remember we are friends...and real humans on the other end of the line.
9) Respect each others time.

I hope these rules are self explaining....if you have a question please feel free to post the questions and I can clarify.

AS of this time NO RANKED GVG will be played...only TA and HA if we are to play as a team.

WE can scrimmage against an alliance GVG team if we wish but its NOT to be a ranked game. If you are unsure, ask me.

we will post builds a week before implimentation...it will be up to you to have em ready to go by game time.

games likely to happen friday or saturday nights 6pm onwards...and at times during the week we have enough on.

Atomic

Life is Uncertain....Eat dessert first

Im sure Sarak can add and amend as he sees fit.

maybe we need a PVP meeting to go through some of these. From that meeting as a group we can draw up a rules and guidelines for alliance pvp.

just a thought...id be in for that.
Rynn
Unknown

well, it never hurts to go out and just get some experience..
probably the best way to start into pvping is AB, which is like half and half.. and hopefully teaches people how to cap...

when you make it to HA, just pug it for a bit.. run simple (team)builds and get a few fame, you'll hopefully make some friends and go with them.

I know Milak said not to run Mathway in HA, and he is probably right, but its ok to do a few runs with it, get some experience of what others are running in HA and how the maps are (up to 3, since its unlikely to get past that, unless you get a skip, which does happen a lot depending on when you're on.

if you can find people who are willing, think outside the box and make/use a very odd team build (or maybe this should just be reserved for Asians.. god, how i hate facing Asians l.ol...)

some general rules:
don't ball up (unless thats the tactic, which is rarely the case.. ele ball fails)
don't get stuck in the choke
don't over extend
res fast and wisely
kill the priest at 1:30-1:50, or 3:30-3:50, or in the case of one map, within 30 secs (teams trade each other's priests at the start)
kill the runner.
don't stand in enemy aoe
if your team is out of res sigs, or getting low, kill the ghostly hero, the same goes when the other side has 1-2 players left and your team has less than 10morale boost.

when facing IWAY, dont kill the pets.
when facing Lichway/spike, dont wait, it just gives them more time to animate minions.
figure out what you're facing (before the match if you can) and if its predominantly one type of dmg, equip the proper shield (it can save your ass) (necros=cold dmg, eles = fire dmg(mostly) rspike=piercing dmg)

Deadpool Sidewinder
Unknown

This is the only one that I sort of don't necessarily agree with. I personally don't have a problem with VENT if I can get it going but I don't know we want to require it.

I'd think we'd want to make it as open and inviting as possible to as many people as possible.

My 2c.

savage grape wrote:
after discussing thi in AC last night I would like to attempt this as well.

6) must USE VENTRILLO with voice. If you have a hearing problem let me know we can organise something else.

just a thought...id be in for that.
Rynn
Unknown

any spike requires vent or ts, and any team with vent has much better chances at winning than they do without it.. easier to call hexes/condtions on yourself, plan where you're going, what tactics you are going to use (they often change mid battle depending on what you are fighting) and some people just dont or forget to read the text while in battle.
if an ele gets blinded, no big deal- doesnt matter, and they can tell an RC this easier with vent than going up to wherever you have your effects and pinging, so they dont waste a use curing an ele of blind when the other is dazed.

theres countless times this last weekend i wish my group and i were on vent when we weren't. could have easily turned the tide of battle...
so, if you dont want to be in a near constant state of losing.. vent is pretty damn nice.

mathway doesnt "req" vent, but it would be oh so much more effective if they used it.. spike rodgorts, plan meteors for constant kd on a target or two..

Deadpool Sidewinder
Unknown

I don't doubt it. I'm just saying that it shouldn't be a barring factor if someone doesn't have vent. If we're here to have fun and learn it should be as open as possible.

In my specific case, I usually run a MAC which has a VENT client BUT the HAND server doesn't support the codec the MAC uses. It supports only a PC client and older codec.

I'm not saying y'all should hold up on account of me but ballooning up the minimum requirements reduces your potential audience.

Again, just my 2c. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination.

Rynn wrote:

theres countless times this last weekend i wish my group and i were on vent when we weren't. could have easily turned the tide of battle...
so, if you dont want to be in a near constant state of losing.. vent is pretty damn nice.
Sarak Layghlin
Guild Leader

Savage - thanks for sharing that, it can be a starting point for alliance guideline. It's one of my private concerns re: pvping, that some of us are mroe competitive than others and there's a risk for upset or frustrated feelings. I'd hate to see PvP to drive us apart as an alliance.

@ Mathway - I understand Milak's point re: Mathway. I do think it could serve as a tool to help people learn to be more aware of what's going on around them in a PvP battle and to practice some of tactics Rynn listed especially to not overextend and to not ball.

Once people get basic tactics down pat and those become like a second nature, then they can focus on practicing more advanced tactics.

As for vent. I understand both sides of the vent issue. Since I don't think it's really goal of the alliance to do some serious PvPing (at least not on competitive level like RAWR), if you want to pvp, be prepared to accept that not everybody will have or is willing to use vent. Also why not explore other possible ways of coordinating? Perhaps we will never be as effective as we could have been if we all had vent but the main idea is to have fun and perhaps create a cadre of skilled pvp players who can once in a while run a full vented game but sometimes take time to play with the rest of us who are without vent.

The other side of the coin is that if as the alliance expand into this direction, its possible that we will have enough players who can pvp with vent. Then players without vent will occasionally have to bow out few pvp battles or play with others who don't have vent.

My only issue is when people insist on it all the time for every single match, that's all.

hmmm... with a set of guidelines like that this ol' dawg may be inticed to give PvP a try.

Vent, TS, or nuttin at all makes no difference to me just so everyone is aware... I'm the shy quiet type.

Now one question... I have one slot open. What would be the best PvP char for a beginner like me to try to develop? I'll tell you right now, there would be NO Monkin around for me. Support just is not in my nature.

CURIOUSITY killed the cat... That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Iscaroth Warblade
Unknown

When it comes to vent and macs, ROAR's vent (soon to be FoX's), has the codecs loaded for Speex, with I understand is the one needed for mac. Would be nice if someone could give it a try sometime, just give me, Tony, or Mira a shout in game and we'll experiment a bit with it (preferably me, as I'm the only one that can load a different codec).

I may be up for some PvP, I've done a bit of AB, and have made it to Hero Battles, but I'm not sure where to go from there.

this was never intended as a YOU HAVE to use vent to pvp post.

I just copied and pasted...

Sarak and the people that want to pvp can have the final say on anything on this list.

its just a guide to give some idea where we at HAND have been with pvp.

if you are worried about macs working on pc vent...what version of the client are you running?

Im trying to make our vent server as accessible as possible and any info is a help.

seems someone already has the vent ready for mac...if you guys can pm me how you got that operational...thanks.
Deadpool Sidewinder
Unknown

The only problem is that I'm not sure what happens to the PC clients if you do this, but this is what I found:

Common Errors

If you can talk to your guildies when you are in the Ventrilo program itself, but NOT when in game go back to the Getting Your Mac Ready section and make sure you have enabled assistive devices.

If you get the following message:
Failed to get encoder for secified Codec. This client platform currently supports only the Speex codec. The server and/or channel is configured to use the 'GSM 6.10' codec'

It means that your guild's Ventrilo server is not set to use the Speex codec.
You will need to approach your guild leaders about changing the settings in the main Ventrilo account. This may need to be changed in both the global settings and in the individual channel settings.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blade and Rose Guild Forum Index -> Party Formation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: